Back to my Parent’s House

After college, I ended up having to move back in with my parents. That is what I got for choosing to be a starving artist! A decision I would eventually rethink when I decided I actually wanted to make some money from my career.

For the most part, when my mother was home, everything was fine. But when she would go away for any reason, things would start to happen. She went on a bible retreat once and all night, I heard someone making a squeaky board creak in my closet. But that was the least of what happened in that house.

My parents would go away to the Florida Keys for a few months every year. This was when the activity would really pick up. I would leave the TV on when I went to sleep to keep me calm and distract me from any noises in the house. One night, I was watching TV, unsuccessfully trying to fall asleep when the movie I was watching ended. Since I was using my computer to watch TV, I didn’t have a remote, so I had to get out of bed to change the channel. I got up and started flipping channels when I realized that the voiceover during the credits was continuing to talk as I was changing the channels. So I started paying attention to it. All I caught was “Go to” The moment it finished saying that, my battery back-up starting smoking and beeping and my computer went dead (because the battery back-up was now broken.) I finally got the courage to look up the website at work the next day and it was just a record label. I think the ghost simply thought it sounded scary. He was right!

That wasn’t even the worst of it. Not too long after, I was trying to sleep without the TV on this time and started hearing talking all over the house. There was a conversation at the foot of my bed, and another down the hall. Just a ton of chatter going on all at once. I kept my eyes closed because I didn’t want to see them and just hoped it would go away. Then I heard deep guttural growling right in my ear. I could feel the warm breath on my cheek. I prayed to God to help me and make it stop. Immediately, everything went quiet. I opened my eyes and there was nothing there. I got up and went to the bathroom. And to calm myself down, I started to sing a song. I asked God to stay with me and protect me until I fell back asleep. The next day when I got in my car to go to work, the first song that played on my iPod (in shuffle mode) was the song I sang to calm myself down the night before. I took that as a sign that not only did God protect me all night, but he/she was still there with me.

I had a lot of crystals and fragile collectibles in my room. One night while I was trying to sleep, my closet door came off of its hinges and fell into my room. My computer chair turned just right to catch the door and stop it from doing any real damage to all of my breakable things. Only one small inexpensive snowflake ornament broke from this incident. While I’m on the fence about the door falling being paranormal or not (what would make it fall in the middle of the night?), I am certain that someone was there to help minimize the damage.

When I was dating my husband, he took me to a haunted local spot called Sweet Hollow Road for Halloween. On our way home, I noticed that when we would approach a streetlight, it would go out. Then when I got home (to my parents’ house), I had a salt lamp on in my room and it kept going out. I had to keep lifting the salt rock up and screwing the lightbulb underneath it back in. The next night, my salt lamp worked fine. Apparently, I brought something home with me for the night!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s